• RSS

Monday, June 13, 2011

Deepak Chopra's Seven Spirtual Laws of Success

My life has beginning to feel like it is spiralling out of control for the past several weeks.  Often when my life feels like this, I dig out my Seven Spiritual Laws of Success book by Deepak Chopra and try to get myself re-aligned. 
My copy of this book is quite worn from much use.  I found the original copy I had of it quite by accident 17 years ago in a small bookstore in Ridgway, Colorado.  My life was terribly out of control at that point in my life, although you would not have thought so viewing it from the outside.  To everyone else, I was just a housewife and mother raising two little girls while my husband ran his drywall company.  Inside I was lonely, frustrated and terrified by the emptiness I felt. 
The kids were at school and I was strolling aimlessly through this bookstore looking for something but I wasn't sure what, then the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success jumped out at me.  I had never heard of Deepak Chopra and I had no knowledge of India beliefs, Hinduism, or any other religions except the basic information the majority of people have.
After I read this book and started applying the principles in my life I began having peace.  I also began changing my attitude, something my husband did not like.  The book mysteriously disappeared one day.  I immediately went out and bought another copy but kept it hidden.
Now, many years later, divorced and in another relationship, and living a completely different life, I still find many times of emptiness and uncertainty of direction that lead me back to this book and it's simple direction.

2 comments:

Kelly Newman said...

I have found "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success" to be just that. The core principles of a truly spiritual life regardless of what your religion might be. I don't follow any form of organized religion and therefore have no book or bible to govern me but if I was going to choose one, this would be it. I too have a well read copy that is filled with highlighted passages and post-it-note markers. If I am going through a particularly challenging time in my life I will keep it with me wherever I go as a reminder of these principles and as a source of comfort. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that wants to take their spiritual life to another level.

Greyer Notions said...

I believe that everyone is equipped with a inner bell that chimes when you read/hear/see the things that are true to you. Some things will differ from person to person, but the chime is always faithful. I have read some things that were true for me, and useful in otherwise pointless, wandery books. I LOVE when I find a book that is useful all the way through!